Friday, April 3, 2009

Killing Two Birds With One Stone

Well, it seems like this is the last entry for my blog. This will be the reflection of my own true feelings towards posting blogs. Well, at first, I really thought writing blogs is a burden to me to me because I hardly blog and never have had a blog spot. I have a secret to share with the reading of this blog. Well, it is quite embarrassing to share actually but since this is the last entry of my blog for EDU 3217, there shouldn’t be any harm sharing this secret. When Dr. Edwin first started to ask use to create a blog spot, I was so eager to sign up, and guess what, instead of typing www.blogger.com, I actually typed www.bloggers.com. I actually signed up for that website and I had a hard time wondering why I couldn’t change settings or even post a blog. I looked at my roommate’s blog spot and I was shocked!!! I actually felt so silly, like what Dr. Edwin always calls us, “dummies”. I really felt like a dummy, a real dummy. Anyway, I managed to sign up to www.blogger.com.

At first, I felt burden about writing blogs. But as time went by, I started enjoying blogging. Before that, it took me one a month to actually manage to post 2 blogs, and as time passed, I started to get active in posting blogs. How do blogs contribute to reflection on this study? Well, I actually felt more freedom writing blogs because writing blogs aren’t the same as writing an academic essay. Blogs are personal and we can write whatever we wanted to. And I realize that posting blogs is better than posting forums because blogs can be edited if we find grammar mistakes or etc. Forum seems dull and uninteresting. I really enjoy blogging now. I am actually thinking about creating a new blog spot for my personal blogs, but still in the process of deciding because I will not be able to online back at home. Well, this issue can be discussed some other time.

Besides, blogging has actually contributes a lot to my learning for this course, EDU 3217. How do blogs contribute to my learning? This is a good question. The true is, I am not a very hardworking person, meaning that I hardly do research for information. So, when Dr. Edwin gave this blogging assignment to do, I was actually forced to do research and read a lot. For example, Teiresias, I have to actually go online and read and blog about it. Isn’t that amazing? I am actually doing assignment and also doing revision for final exams at the same time when I blog. Dr. Edwin is a very dedicated and creative lecturer. If you ask me again, “Is blogging a waste of time?”. My answer will be, “No!”. I am actually killing two birds with one stone; doing assignment (blogs) and doing revision at the same time. I really think that posting blogs has contributes to my reflection on this study and help in my learning for this course EDU 3217, “Teaching The Language Of Drama”.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Huinee, we all can learn, appreciate from other's thoughts and experiences.
    Some write to impress, some write from their hearts.
    No matter what, we learn, of the good, the bad and the ugly.
    Best regards, keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete